- 1 x H2O X5®
- 1 x Microfibre Cloth
- 1 x Super Absorbent Cloth
for window cleaning tool
- 1 x Super Absorbent Cloth
for Duster tool
- 1 x Microfibre Cloth
for Garment Steamer
- 1 x Extension Hose
- 1 x Round Nylon Brush
- 1 x Round Metal Brush
- 1 x Angled Jet Nozzle
- 1 x Duster Tool Attachment
- 1 x Window Cleaning /
Garment Steaming Tool Attachment
- 1 x Carpet Glider
- 1 x Limescale Cleaning Pin
- 1 x User's Guide
Works on all these floor types
- Ceramic tiles
- Sealed Hardwood
Always check your floor manufacturer's cleaning instructions prior to using this product
Home Sweet H2O™ Home
H2O X5® from Thane is the powerful, multi-function steam system that will clean, help sanitise and freshen your whole home.
It's a floor cleaner, a hand-held steam cleaner, a carpet steamer, window cleaner and garment steamer all in one lightweight, compact and easy to use machine.
Cleaning with steam is proven to kill up to 99% of bacteria*, and H2O X5® uses ordinary tap water that it turns into super-heated steam to help sanitise and deodorise.
Q.) What are the recommended uses for the H2O Mop X5?
A.)The H2O Mop® X5™ is designed to thoroughly clean floor surfaces, such as marble, ceramic, carpet, stone, linoleum, and sealed hardwood floors and parquet. Not all floor types are suitable for steam cleaning.
The heat and steam action may remove the wax on surfaces treated with wax. Do not use on unsealed flooring or let unit stand on any wood or heat sensitive floor for an extended period of time. This could cause the wood grain to rise, in addition to other types of damage.
When using on vinyl, linoleum or any other, test the H2O Mop® X5™ on a small isolated area of your flooring prior to overall use on any floor surface.
Use extra caution when using on heat sensitive floors. Too much heat can melt glue in the flooring. Use only on laminated flooring that has been laid professionally and without any gaps or cracks that would permit the entry of moisture.
Test the H2O Mop® X5™ on a small isolated area of your flooring prior to overall use on any floor surface.
Always check the use and care instructions of your flooring manufacturer or distributor before using the H2O Mop® X5™.
When in doubt, please consult a flooring specialist. Only use the carpet glider on carpeting and rugs. Use of the carpet glider on other floor surfaces will cause streaking and possibly scratching.
This product emits steam and creates moisture. Water marks, discoloration or damage to the floor surface can occur if the unit is left operating too long in one place.
Q.) What type of water do I use?
A.) The H2O Mop® X5™ uses tap water. However, in areas with hard water, distilled water should be used for better performance.
Q.) What does my H2O Mop® X5™ come with?
A.) H2O Mop X5, 1 Microfiber Cloth, 1 Carpet Glider, 1 Nozzle, 1 Round Nylon Brush, 1 Round Metal Brush, 1 Extension Hose, 1 Window Cleaner/Garment Steamer tool attachment,1 Duster tool attachment
Q.) Now that I have assembled my unit, how come I am not getting any steam?
A.) Once the unit is assembled, fill the water tank and ensure the cap is in a ‘locked' position. Select the appropriate setting for which you will be using the H2O Mop® X5™. Please refer to the User Manual for use of each setting. If the unit is not steaming and the light indicator has gone from red to green, make sure that the On/Off switch has been pushed into the “On” position or the unit will not begin to steam.
Q.) Do I need to replace or clean a filter?
A.) No, your H2O Mop® X5™ does not require any replacement of filters.
Q.) My mop stopped producing steam / is producing very little steam, what can I do for this?
A.) Be sure that the unit is disconnected from the power outlet when performing cleaning. Drain the remaining water in the tank and clean the tank after every use. Please use detergent to clean the accessories (Nozzle and Round Brushes) when they are dirty, then wash with clean water and air dry.
How to decalcify the Water Tank interior:
To clean calcium deposits that build up inside the Water Tank, add one or two tablespoons of white vinegar to a full Water Tank, close the Water Tank cap and shake the contents. Do NOT turn the steamer on.
Do not immerse the H2O Mop® X5™ in water.
- Cleaning procedure to remove limescale: If your H2O Mop® X5™ begins to produce steam slower than usual or stops producing steam you may need to remove limescale. Limescale can develop over time on the metal parts and greatly affect mop performance. It is necessary to remove limescale on a regular basis, every 25 – 50 times you use a full tank of water or a least once a month, especially in areas with hard water. The frequency of limescale removal depends upon the hardness of your tap water and how often you use the steam mop. The H2O Mop® X5™ uses tap water. However, in areas with hard water, distilled water should be used for better performance.
- Removal of limescale from the H2O Mop® X5™ by using Cleaning Pin:
- Make sure that the H2O Mop X5 is disconnected from the power supply before maintenance.
- Use the Cleaning Pin provided with your unit to remove limescale deposits from the small hole of the steam outlet in the main Body (see instruction manual for detailed illustration) by swirling and pushing the pin up and down you will clean the steam outlet. Always ensure that all scale debris have been removed from the steam outlet before reassembling. Continue swirling Cleaning Pin until no further debris is evident.
- By using cleaning solution:
- Prepare a solution of ½ white vinegar and 2/3 tap water and add to the water tank.
- Secure and position the unit to ensure steam released is aimed away from the floor or surrounding objects and surfaces and away from any body part. Plug the unit in, turn the unit ON by pressing the Power Switch (O/I) and allow the unit to produce steam until the vinegar/water solution is used up.
- Repeat the above procedure as many times as necessary until a normal steam flow rate is achieved.
- Fill the Water Tank with fresh water and rinse out.
- Fill the Water Tank with fresh water, attach to the unit and release steam through the system until the Water Tank is empty.
Do not leave the steamer unattended during the lime scale removal process and/or while in use. Perform a test cleaning on a suitable isolated area after each lime scale removal to ensure that there is no debris left in the system.
- Cleaning blocked steamer accessories:
- Due to the high mineral content of water in some areas, you may notice that less steam comes out from the Hand-Held Steamer accessories. This may be caused by calcium buildup inside the tip of the nozzle. How to clean the buildup: We recommend using a spray lubricant. Spray a small burst or two of the lubricant inside the tip of the Jet Nozzle. After spraying lubricant inside the component, fill the steamer with water according to the directions and run a continuous jet of steam through the affected accessory for several minutes to remove the deposit. Once the steam pathway is clear, aim the steamer at a neutral surface or a cleaning cloth to make sure no debris is emitted. We recommend performing this procedure in a protected and well- ventilated area.
Q.) What are the small brushes used for?
A.) The round nylon brush is great for cleaning smooth hard surfaces, such as toilets, sinks, and kitchen counters. The round metal brush is great for cleaning coarse or metal surfaces, such as brick floors, car wheels, metal doors and metal frames, etc. Both brushes can also effectively clean the grease on pans, stoves and ovens in the kitchen. They can be used with soap or detergent to clean dirty areas.
Q.) What is the hose used for?
A.) The hose is used with the Accessories such as the Window Cleaning Tool, Garment Steaming Tool and Duster. Tool attachments. Use the Optional Accessories after removing the Mop Head by pressing the Lock Button on the Main Body or removing the Jet Nozzle following the same procedure (see user's guide for detailed information and illustrations). Insert the designated end of the Extension Hose into the designated hole in the Main Unit until it locks in place with the Lock Button on the Main Body (you will hear a clicking sound). Make sure the Extension Hose is securely locked into place before usage. Then you can attach and use either the window cleaning tools (attach Super Absorbant Cloth accordingly), the Garment Steaming Tool (attach Microfiber Cloth accordingly) or the Duster Tool (attach Super Absorbant Cloth accordingly).
Q.) How can I prevent my H2O Mop® X5™ from leaving puddles of water?
A.) To avoid puddling of water, the Microfiber Cloth must be clean and dry for use. To replace the cleaning cloth, proceed as follows: Let the cleaning cloth cool down, remove cloth from unit, replace with a new Microfiber Cloth and continue use. Select Low steam regulator position for minimal steam.
Q.) What are the different settings for?
A.) 1-Low and 2-Medium are ideal for cleaning all hard floors, such as linoleum, ceramic, marble, wood, etc. 3-High is ideal for cleaning carpets and rugs and 4-Hot Spray Setting is ideal for cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, window sills, car wheels, etc. You can change the Steam Regulator position and change the steam output while operating the H2O Mop X5.
Q.) What do I do after use of my H2O Mop® X5™?
A.) Unplug Power Cord from outlet. Allow Mop Pad/Cloths to cool down and carefully remove cleaning cloth from Mop Head, as cleaning cloth could still be hot. Any water remaining in the Water Tank should be emptied prior to appliance storage. Always empty the Water Tank at the end of each use. Let any water (that may remain as a product of condensation) drain from the steam opening prior to storing the appliance. Wrap Power Cord around Upper and Lower Cord Wraps. Wipe all surfaces of the H2O Mop® X5™ with a soft cloth. Store in a protected, dry area. Please store the unit in a cool and dry place when not in use. Do not leave it exposed to sunlight or rain.
Q.) Does my H2O Mop® X5™ come with a warranty?
A.) Your Product purchased from Thane Direct UK is warranted, to the original owner, for 1 Year from date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. Should your Thane Direct UK product prove defective within 1 Year from date of purchase, you must email or call our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0344 571 7531. Do not return the defective part or unit unless instructed to do so after contacting us. Under this warranty, Thane Direct UK will repair or replace any parts found to be defective due to a manufacturer's defect. This warranty extends only to personal use and does not extend to any product that has been used for commercial use, rental use, or use for which it is not intended. There are no warranties other than that expressly set forth herein. This warranty is not transferable. Thane Direct UK is not responsible in any way for damages, losses or inconveniences caused by equipment failure caused by user negligence, abuse or use not in accordance with the “User Guide” or any additional safety, use, or warnings included in the product materials. Further, Thane Direct UK is not liable for incidental or consequential damages of any nature resulting from the use of this product and any liability shall not exceed the purchase price of the product.
Further information of the product Warranty and / or Extended Warranty can be obtained by following this link: Warranty Information
Q.) I'm having trouble getting the pads onto the mop head, what is the best way to change the pads?
A.) Place the Microfiber Cloth on the bottom of the Mop Head and make sure all the loops on the cloth are aligned with the gripping hooks on the bottom of the Mop Head (refer to instruction manual for illustration), then press the cloth against the Mop Head so the loops on the cloth catch the gripping strips on the Mop Head and hold the pieces together.
Q.) How do I use the H2O Mop® X5™ on my carpet?
A.) When using the H2O Mop® X5™ on carpet surfaces: Place the Mop Head, with Microfiber Cloth in place, on top of the carpet glider (see instruction manual for illustration). Do not attempt to use the H2O Mop® X5™ unit on carpet/rug surfaces without the carpet glider in place.
Q.) How do I wash the H2O Mop® X5™ microfiber pads/cloths?
A.) Microfiber cloth care:
- Machine wash 60 ºC (140 ºF)
- Do not bleach
- Do not use softener
- Do not use tumble dryer