Join us in our fight against germs and bacteria
Thane H2O is a proud partner of the National Pharmacy Association’s “Your Health Your Pharmacy” Initiative (UK) and is in support of the National Health Service (NHS) in its mission to combat germs and bacteria to protect our homes and health.
In fact, H2O® steam cleaners are lab proven to kill 99% of germs, bacteria, and viruses*, making it the family safe, healthy, eco-friendly, and all-natural way to clean virtually every surface in your home.
Kills 99.9% of germs, viruses & bacteria. Lab proven to clean as well as leading brands. Breaks down & neutralise odour in seconds
Replace dozens of harsh, chemical cleaners. Generate a cleaner and sanitiser for just pennies. Save hundreds of pounds each year.
Safe for your family, pets and environment. No harmful fumes, harsh chemicals, irritants or dyes. Reduces chemical and plastic waste.
“I would rather lick my toilet than lick the TV remote in my living room.”
Your living room TV remote can be 20 times more filthy than the toilet seat in your bathroom. Being the most traversed room at home, your living room is a hotbed of harmful germs and bacteria.
Read the section below on cleaning your living room. To learn more about protecting your family and securing your home, get our email e-kit.
There are many reasons why we should regularly clean our living room space. These include…
- It helps keep you organized:Cleaning your home regularly helps keep you organized. You know where all your things are and don’t waste time trying to find your keys or important documents.
- Reduces stress: Not only is it stressful having to search for lost items, but not cleaning increases stress. Just looking at cluttered spaces is stressful. It reminds you of all the things you need to do and makes your home seem smaller than it actually is. Instead of worrying about how you never clean your living room, avoid stress by cleaning weekly.
- It keeps you from collecting junk: By regularly cleaning your home, you get rid of unwanted papers, junk mail, and other items you don’t need anymore. Don’t let this stuff pile up – look through it every few weeks and get rid of what you can as soon as possible.
- Reduces allergies: If your house or apartment isn’t cleaned regularly, dust and other allergens will build up. Cleaning every week will help avoid allergies or other breathing problems.
- Avoid spreading germs: Keeping your house clean will stop the spread of germs and help keep you healthy. Cleaning up spills, vacuuming your carpets, and keeping your kitchen and bathroom clean will kill germs. Avoid getting sick by cleaning your home.
- Keeps out pests: Bugs and rodents are attracted to spills, food particles, and other sources of food. If you don’t clean your kitchen, dining room, and other place you eat, you have a higher chance of having pests. Not only are pests unpleasant, they also spread germs and allergens.
BUGS, MITES, AND RODENTS
A messy home is a perfect habitat for invisible mites, but also for bugs and in extreme cases rodents like mice and rats. When extremely messy homes are cleared out, rodent droppings are usually found underneath all of the clutter. And not only is living with bugs and animals gross, but it is also dangerous for our health. They carry diseases and bacteria that will survive on our surfaces, which we can then pick up and ingest.
We know that depression can lead to an untidy environment, but can a messy house cause depression? Yes! An unclean or untidy home can lead to a feeling of disappointment, low mood, and in extreme cases depression.
CONTAMINATED HEATING & COOLING VENTS
If all of a sudden you begin feeling extra allergenic or sick for no apparent reason, contaminated heating and cool ducts may be to blame. The Environmental Protection Agency explains that a little bit of dust in these pipes is normal and largely harmless, but in some cases mold and other debris can build up, wreaking havoc on your health. Experts are still trying to determine whether or not cleaning the ducts prevents these health problems, but the majority agree that removing mold and other toxins from pipes that have become highly contaminated is a smart move.
Remote controls for the TV, music, game systems, and ceiling fans are touched dozen of times every day. Did everyone in your house wash their hands completely each time before touching them? Remote controls and other electronic accessories like keyboards and earphones attract soil and bacteria. And if someone in the family is ill, there are even more bacteria just waiting to infect the next user.
Even if you are meticulous and vacuum every day, wall-to-wall carpet is a dirt magnet. But replacing older carpet with new carpet is not always the best solution. If you have wall-to-wall carpet, clean regularly with a vacuum that has a HEPA filter, have the carpet cleaned by a professional on a seasonal basis, and consider removing it and using smaller rugs that can be easily washed.
Heating and air conditioning vents
Heating and air conditioning systems are a must in most homes, but filters and vents can become full of dust. Filters should be changed regularly and a filter that captures fine particles is best. Vents should be dusted weekly, and ductwork cleaned yearly.
While we love and value our pets, they have the potential to make us sick. Just like humans, cats and dogs shed microscopic bits of dead skin called pet dander that can cause allergic reactions in some people. Pets can also bring in pests like ticks and bacteria from outside play and toilet areas.The best practice is to keep pets off upholstery and carpeted areas and in their own beds. If that's impossible, clean and vacuum regularly to prevent health issues.
A basket filled with firewood is both convenient and decorative. However, stored firewood can introduce pests to a home. Leave wood outside until it is needed and promptly clean away fireplace ashes and soot.
- Using the H2O e3 to clean down areas such as pet crates and beds with the eActivator.
- We can also use the eActivator to freshen up pet beds in between washed as it is pet friendly and uses no harsh chemicals
- Scientifically proven to kill 99% of germs and bacteria
- Again we can use the eActivator here as a daily cleaner to wipe down remotes, gaming controls and TV buttons that are touched by the whole family.
- The e3 is safe for all the family including children and pets
- Scientifically proven to kill 99% of germs and bacteria
Cleaning carpets and upholstery
- Using the H2O HD to kill 99% of germs and bacteria
- Hand held unit to get into corners of the carpet that can harbour germs
Hidden Dangers in Your Living Room
Did you know what kind of germs and bacteria are hiding in your living room? Learn more about these micro-enemies, how dangerous they are and how you can identify them.
What causes it:
The concerns with fleas in this day and age are Typhus and “Cat Scratch Fever” (Bartonellosis) so named because it is caused by fleas who infect felines who can then pass it to you through a scratch, bite, or lick near an open wound. Typhus can also be carried by ticks and will present with a fever, rash, abdominal pain and aching joints.
Neither is deadly and both tend to be uncommon, particularly in the UK, so you shouldn’t worry too much about cuddling up with your pets, Felix or Mittens.
What causes it:
Ticks are vectors of various strains of bartonellosis, Lyme disease and babesiosis. Both bartonellosis and babesiosis can infect animals and humans, with varying symptoms.
In the elderly or immunosuppressed individuals, babesiosis can be deadly without quick medical intervention. The most distinctive symptom is blood in the urine, which is where Red Water Fever, a strain of babesiosis which affects cattle, gets its name.
What causes it:
As many as 3000 people in the UK are affected every year, with an estimated 15% of cases occurring after becoming infected whilst abroad. It can be identified in the early stages by a red or pink rash shaped like a “bull’s-eye,” with a raised centre and a large ring around it.
A third of people will not experience this symptom, so it’s not possible to immediately discount Lyme disease if the other flu-like symptoms are present. If you know you’ve been bitten by a tick and are feeling at all unwell, seek medical advice, as a strong round of antibiotics are required to kill off the disease.
Our award-winning steam cleaners are perfect for deep cleaning around the entire home. From carpets to windows or curtains to bathrooms.
For everyday cleaning the H2O range offers the latest in eco-friendly technology such as the H2O E3. Designed to clean all hard surfaces.
All of our H2O products are multi-purpose cleaners that can clean your home from top to bottom and takes up less storage space.
Make Cleaning EasyVIEW ALL BLOG POSTS
10 Cleaning Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
Picture yourself cleaning your home for two years. Hard to imagine? Well, the average Brit spends that much time doing household chores during their lifetime. Here are 10 more strange but true facts about cleaning.
Top 5 Reasons to Use Eco-Friendly Cleaners
We are now more than ever aware of the health and environmental impacts of the products we buy and use. Shoppers are continuing to question the need for chemicals in cleaning solutions. So, it’s no surprise that there’s been a rise in the demand of green cleaning solutions in recent years.
“Thane”, “H2O”, “H2O HD” and related logos and variations are trademarks or registered trademarks, in the UK and/or other countries, of Thane IP Limited
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.